Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sounds For Thought


Sounds for Thought is a blog about finding and exposing unsigned, undiscovered, and under rated talent in the Tampa Bay area. Tampa Bay consists of 7 counties so I have a lot of ground to cover.  Having worked in the entertainment industry for the past five years, I have had the pleasure to meet and work with many talented people.  I want to use this blog to show the locals what they are surrounded by.  I will cover everything from jazz singers, rappers, top 40 bands, Christian artists, rock bands, acapella groups, and many more.


Some blogs talk about the positive and negatives of topics; I want to do something different.  I only want to write about musical artists that I find inspiring or that I feel will inspire others with their music.  All of my posts will be positive and helpful for the artists and make the reader want to take a chance and support a new group.  I will be open to seeking out artists in different establishments and give them a chance myself, but I will only write about them if I feel they will benefit my readers.

As more and more music is being released on the radio today, I am finding it harder to relate and like what I am hearing.  Music is more about making a product then the quality it used to have.  With the change in technology and what can be done to a persons voice in the studio, having a good voice is not as important as it used to be.  I want these local artists to get the exposure they need so their music can be on the radio everywhere, and not just the Tampa Bay area.

I hope you enjoy the musical artists that I introduce to you, and hope they are as inspiring to you as they are to me.

Ericka Womack-Brown


Follow Me On Twitter....

0 comments:

Post a Comment